Photobucket

5.06.2008

going dutch

it's tulip time in west michigan, so we loaded up the suburban and headed to holland on saturday. our first stop was kinderplaats*. the kids had a blast :)






well, i should say it was our first & last stop...well except for a trip to ben & jerrys. the weather turned windy & rainy so we never made to windmill island. that's ok. i'm sure next year the weather will be perfect and we'll go to windmill island and get a great picture of all the kids standing nicely in front of a lovely bed of tulips. ha ha. who am i kidding?? ryan standing still for a group shot, no noses being picked and everyone smiling? well i can dream...

regardless of the weather, it was a fun day. our new stroller worked like a charm, no sippy cups or shoes were lost and most importantly we didn't lose any kids. so i guess we're ready for disney world next month :) ha ha, kidding once again! that is going to be one insane trip!! just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap :)


*kinderplaats... dutch word. that's about all i know. i googled it to figure out a translation. no luck. so perhaps one of my dutch friends (who i know frequented tulip time as kids and read this blog) can shed some light on what it means.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, I am embarrassed to say that I had to look up the translation too! I think it means Kids Place. I guess my dutch is getting a little rusty these days! (Ok, I don't think I every really knew that much!)

It looks like you and your family had a great time. Tulip Time brings back such great memories of my youth. What fun!

We can't wait to see you in a month or so in the sunny state of Florida. I am sure you will get some great pics of the kids standing ever so still, with smiles on their faces with Mickey!

Caryn said...

I have no idea either but between my Dutch (I know nothing) and what I remember from German (which is very little - sorry Joy!) I would say it means Kids Land. Anyways, I was really looking forward to seeing the kids in dutch costumes, what's up with that??? Maybe next year w/ the bed of tulips? Glad you made the venture and love the new stroller!